I am obsessed with these protein pancakes because they taste great and are unbelievably easy to prepare! If you have an egg, a banana and 3 minutes, then you have a great breakfast option that will fuel your muscles and impress any guest!
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil or grass fed butter for frying pan
Optional but highly recommended ingredients to use as well include:
- 2 tbsp almond meal or oatmeal flour (just add oats the the blender first to create a flour. It’s okay if it’s coarse)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 stevia packet
- 1 tbsp collagen powder
Use some or all of these on top of your protein pancakes for delicious and nutritious texture
- 1/4 cup unsweetened yogurt (cashew, coconut or nonfat Greek). If you like sweet yogurt, stir some maple syrup in!
- 1/4 cup berries. I often use frozen blueberries that I microwave to get warm and juicy
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth consistency is achieved
- Heat nonstick pan to medium heat, add butter or coconut oil
- Slowly pour pancake batter into pan, flipping cakes once edges start to lift
- Once cooked, place on your plate, add toppings of choice and enjoy!