Do you know what a clubfoot is? It is a type of condition that occurs in some babies. In such a situation, the foot of the baby is not the same as others. It turns either inward or downward. Due to this, a child is unable to walk correctly. Unfortunately, only a few people can recognize whether their baby has a club foot or not. We have prepared this article to share some ways to find it out.
Clubfoot is one of the most common problems some babies have from birth. Babies having clubfoot don’t have any other problems other than their feet. But still, it is essential to keep an eye on your baby to find this health problem early. Then you can apply for its treatment as soon as possible.
If you don’t know anything about clubfoot and how to diagnose it, read the following information. Let’s discuss more things about the club foot without wasting more time.
How to identify if your baby has clubfoot?
For a health professional, it is not a difficult thing to find out whether a baby has clubfoot. But if you want to find it yourself, you need to look for the following symptoms:
- Look at the foot’s shape: The first thing you need to do is see the foot’s shape of your baby. If it is not looking normal, it might be the problem of clubfoot. The foot will not be in perfect shape. It will either be inward or outward. So, you can easily recognize it. Also, note that you must consult a doctor after you have found out the same. The treatment will start soon, and you don’t need to worry.
- Small size: Every clubfoot is smaller in size. It would be hard for you to compare the sizes without a measuring tape. So, you can use it if you doubt the same.
- Compare the heels: Another tip to identify whether your baby has a clubfoot or not is by comparing the heels. If one is shorter than the other, it signifies that your baby has a clubfoot. But still, you need to confirm it by visiting a health professional.
- Analyze the calf muscle size: The calf muscle will be shorter if your baby has clubfoot. It is always better to compare it as well.
What are the causes of clubfoot?
Clubfoot is a common health issue. But doctors are still unable to find the causes of the same.
- Clubfoot can be genetic. So, it would be impossible for you to avoid it.
- If the child’s mother has consumed some drugs or smoked cigarettes, the baby might get clubfoot.
The Bottom Line
As we mentioned earlier, Clubfoot is a common problem that might occur with your baby. There is no way you can prevent or avoid it. So, you can do one thing. You should always check your baby’s feet from time to time. If you find anything abnormal, it is better to consult a professional. We hope this article provided you with all the information.