Of course it would be nice to start every day with a leisurely nutritious breakfast, but who has time for that? Most weekday mornings I’m up and running out of the house at 5am to workout or train clients, which means that more often than not I start my day with a smoothie. I am very particular about what exactly goes into those smoothies because I want ingredients that fuel my metabolism, deliver maximum nutritional value, don’t have too much sugar, and are easy! That is where dr. brandt’s antioxidant water booster comes in to make my hectic day that much more manageable and healthy. Antioxidants, vitamins and amino acids are delivered via dropper in flash, which not only works wonders internally, but also improves my skin appearance and elasticity. Who doesn’t want an easy way to achieve that healthy glow? Read on for why we’re so obsessed with this magical mixture of tea and berry extracts, and why this smoothie booster recipe is essential to your morning routine.
HOW IT HELPS OUR HEALTH
dr. brandt has long been a leader in making superior skincare and wellness products, so it comes as no surprise that the brand’s foray into supplements is wildly successful as well. We love the detoxifying antioxidant water booster because it helps improve skin from the inside out by protecting against the damaging effects of free radicals. Our bodies can naturally deal with basic levels of free radicals, however every day we are exposed to an excess of them via atmospheric pollution, chemicals on foods, dust, cigarette smoke and harsh sun rays. This creates an imbalance known as oxidative stress, which is linked to damaged skin, inflammatory diseases and neurological disorders.Yikes, no thanks! Diets rich in antioxidants are key, which is why we love products that make it easy for us to make sure we get enough each day. The powerful antioxidants, amino acids and vitamins in dr. brandt’s booster come from a combination of superfoods and green and white tea extracts. Beyond lending a pleasant sweetness to the booster, the Goji Berry and Maqui Berry extracts deliver a major dose of antioxidants, and are among the highest rated for their capacity protect our bodies from free radical absorption and damage. To really amp up the health benefits, dr. Brandt included Green tea, White Tea, and Grapeseed Extract in the booster. These extracts give 1 serving of the booster the same antioxidant benefit of 15 cups of green tea! Meaning you can mix it into one glass of water to get the same antioxidant benefits you’d get if you drank tea non stop all day. Umm, yeah, this busy gal is going to opt for the booster, thanks.
WHY WE LOVE IT
- Helps us drink more water! We all know that hydration is key to looking and feeling great, but sometimes we lose the motivation to drink all the water we should. Because it is calorie and caffeine free, you can transform plain water into a tasty health beverage whenever you desire! Your skin will thank you later.
- Skin is glowing! Regular use results in noticeably more supple hair and moisturized skin, which I especially appreciate in the winter.
- Helps curb cravings. I’ve been able to lessen the amount of coffee I drink daily thanks to the booster. Others report that it has helped them kick incessant snacking habits (because they are better hydrated) or even quit smoking cigarettes!
- All the benefits of green tea without the jitters.
BODY AND BEAUTY BOOSTING SMOOTHIE
This recipe is one of my favorites because it fulfills all my requirements for a smart smoothie. It is low sugar, high protein, high fiber and loaded with vitamins and anti-inflammatory ingredients! Better still is that you can make it in under 5 minutes using basic ingredients from your fridge and freezer. The inclusion of dr. Brandt’s detoxifying antioxidant water booster allows me to use very little fruit or sweeter, which we know is key to high functioning metabolisms. Beyond this recipe, you can use the booster as a fruit or sweeter replacement in your smoothies, or to add more flavor to water or iced tea! Cheers to your healthy glow!
Yields: 1 large meal -sized smoothie or 2 smaller smoothies
- 1 cup plain, nonfat greek yogurt
- 13 frozen mango chunks (roughly 1 cup)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup store-bought carrot juice
- 1/2 cup plain, unsweetened coconut beverage
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup blackberries (reserve 5-6 berries for garnish). Frozen or fresh, your choice!
- 1 serving dr. brandt detoxifying antioxidant water booster
- 1 tsp bee pollen (3 grams)
- 1 tbsp roasted coconut chips or shreds, your choice
- In your smoothie glass (or mason jar if taking it to-go), mix yogurt, vanilla and coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In blender, combine frozen mango, turmeric, carrot juice and 1/4 cup coconut beverage (save the other 1/4 cup for the 3rd smoothie layer). Pour the mixture on top of your base yogurt layer.
- Quickly rinse blender, no need for a thorough wash with soap since all the flavors blend well together!
- In blender, mix the zucchini, blackberries and 1 dropper full of the dr. brandt detoxifying antioxidant water booster. Pour this mixture on top of the other smoothie layers.
- Finish smoothie by topping with coconut chips, bee pollen and blackberries. Enjoy!
(images by HonestlyFIT; this post was created in collaboration with Dr. Brandt, all opinions are our own)